I saw your puppies today...they are adorable...I would think twice about doing it though. My sister has 3 kids...2 older than yours and she bought 2 puppies and has regretted doing it and has already gotten rid of one. Good luck with the decision!!
Just remember that it is so cute now, but it has to grow up! And it literally is like having a newborn again. I just got rid of our dog not too long ago. I LOVE dogs! But I just wasn't ready to handle all the work. Maybe if Ben is going to do a lot of the work it won't be so bad. Just hold your ground whatever you decide! :)
I want to tell you yes (I love dogs, we have two) but unless you're 100% committed I'd say no. Jaimie is right, having a puppy is like having a newborn. A puppy is cute now, but how cute is it when it's peeing on your carpet or chewing up your bedding? And please, PLEASE don't get a dog you might not keep-- there are over 3 million(!) dogs in shelters in the US. (Sorry, just my little soap box.)
Ben and I met in Utah in 1999, and were married in the San Diego Temple in June 2002. We have a 6-year-old daughter, Katelyn, and a 3-year-old son, Samuel Benjamin. We currently live in Midland, Texas where Ben is the Food & Beverage Manager at a Country Club and, as always, doing lights. I am lucky enough to be able to stay home with the kids. We hope to be here a few more years and then surround ourselves with family again.
9 comments:
I saw your puppies today...they are adorable...I would think twice about doing it though. My sister has 3 kids...2 older than yours and she bought 2 puppies and has regretted doing it and has already gotten rid of one. Good luck with the decision!!
Just remember that it is so cute now, but it has to grow up! And it literally is like having a newborn again. I just got rid of our dog not too long ago. I LOVE dogs! But I just wasn't ready to handle all the work. Maybe if Ben is going to do a lot of the work it won't be so bad. Just hold your ground whatever you decide! :)
I want to tell you yes (I love dogs, we have two) but unless you're 100% committed I'd say no. Jaimie is right, having a puppy is like having a newborn. A puppy is cute now, but how cute is it when it's peeing on your carpet or chewing up your bedding? And please, PLEASE don't get a dog you might not keep-- there are over 3 million(!) dogs in shelters in the US. (Sorry, just my little soap box.)
Well you know my answer ;) but seriously no pressure from us. Love the pictures!
How can I say no to that face. What are they anyway? Sure love you Ben and....good luck Rachel!
Love,
J
Ahh, so cute... good luck with that one Rachel! :)
They are cute but I think you know my opinion. I say no. However if they will grow pretty big they'll be safer with munchkins around.
should!
I think you would be crazy to do it. But I am not ready for basically another newborn in my house.
Post a Comment