Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just one of those days

They day started off with me getting about 4 hours of non-consecutive sleep because of Samuel's teething. Which meant I had no energy or desire to clean my disaster area of a house or go to the grocery store,which we desperately need. Then Katelyn had a little accident while playing at a friends house, so I had to take her for her 4th E.R. visit this year.(Takes after her daddy much?) In the car on the way there, my water bottle spilled out in my purse leaving everything submerged in water, which was downright annoying. After Katelyn got 4 stitches in her face, along with M&M's, cake, a doll, and a stuffed pony(all gifts from Ben's co-worker's) we went home. Just when we thought the day was over, I noticed she had one less stitch in her cheek than when we left the hospital. Ben and I were livid at the P.A. who put in her stitches and at the fact that we would have to go back to the hospital and put her through that again. Luckily, they took her right back and saw a real doctor who said that the cut had clotted too much and she did not need another stitch. I'm glad she didn't have to be traumatized again, however, that probably means a much bigger scar on her pretty little face. Here's hoping for less drama tomorrow!

By the way, Katelyn is doing amazingly well. Except from looking at her face, you wouldn't even know she'd been hurt. She even asked to go back to her friends house and play right after getting her stitches put in:) She's a trooper!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

That seriously stinks about the stitches. I can't believe they didn't do a better job. Hopefully no bad scars! Mederma for kids, maybe??? Hope you are getting more sleep!

larshannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
larshannon said...

Wow, that is a crappy day. I'm sorry! I think I must have had the same PA when Ian got his stitches. I hate when they pop a stitch.

Brimaca said...

Yuck I hate those days.

Gillian said...

Darn it! I am sorry.
Katelyn is walking in her big cousin's footsteps. I think Lauren had stitches 4 times before she turned two.
Some days just stink--make you wonder why you even got out of bed that day. I'm glad she's doing good--Katelyn is one tough kid.