Tuesday, October 21, 2008

9 Glorious Years!

Nine years ago today I met my husband. I had only been living in Utah for 2 months when we met. I was 18, he was 22. He saw me at church and wanted to meet me, so he made nice with my roommates who always invited cute boys over to our house (Thanks Meggie & Deb!) One night after his hockey game, he came over to find us in the middle of a Mary Kay party our friend talked us into hosting. He immediately caught my attention because he was SO funny and very good-looking, even if he fooled me into thinking his name was "Benjamin Dallas Sebastian Ashton." (There were many more where that came from.) Oh, how gullible I was. Even though I may have denied it at the time, I was smitten. We literally were inseparable from that night on. I never thought in a million years we would still be together 9 years later with 2 beautiful kids, in Texas nonetheless. What a long, strange trip it's been! Here are pictures from the night we met. (Oh how I wish I could still fit in those pants)

He keeps getting better with age. Ben thought it was funny to take a complete strangers camera (mine) and use up the whole roll taking weird pictures of himself. And the gorgeous man next to me is my manly cousin Jeremy who is not afraid of a little pampering:) Love you Jeremy!

3 comments:

S. Gibson said...

Wow, 9 years! That's amazing. You guys are a darling couple and family.

I agree, that house was always full of cute guys. (Specifically Danny). If it weren't for Debbie and that house I may have never officially met him. Good times. I still remember Debbie inviting me to come over for a movie night so that I could talk to Danny and I'm pretty sure I barely said a word to him, or anyone. I was so nervous. Hopefully I at least said hi to you. :)

larshannon said...

Benjamin Dallas Sebastian Ashton, wow! I enjoy learning how people met and fall in love. I'm really glad you ended up together in Texas!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the good old days. I am sure if we went back and told ourselves where we would be now we would make so much fun.....but I love where we have ended up. 9 years! Wow.