Friday, August 29, 2008

All By Our Lonesome



A couple of hours ago we said goodbye to Dave and Gillian. They are actually gone. For the first time in our lives Ben and I are living on our own, without any family around. We are feeling a bit lost right now. Two and a half years ago we made a bold and sudden decision to move here to Midland, and it was the best decision we've ever made. We knew no one, except for Dave & Gillian, and they essentially adopted us into their family and made us feel at home. They have done so much for each one of us individually and as a family, and we cannot thank them enough for their kindness & generosity. They will be missed.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Ah you can be part of our family! I love ya and I am so glad you are still here!

Michelle said...

Rachel, I love your slide show. I feel lonely right now too!! What are we going to do with out them? But I am glad you guys are still here.

Anonymous said...

trust me i know exactly where and what you are feeling. just think though you are only a 5 hour drive rather than a 23 hour drive.
Mike

heidi said...

i am missing them for you-so many great memories! love you

Katie said...

We need to have a girls night out!!

Unknown said...

Rachel, We are all thinking of you here at the office today. Debbie and I were just talking about you and Ben's family leaving.. I am so sorry. I am the one in this (Castleton family) that always lived "away" too so I do know how you feel.
Hang in there and you will make even more friends.
I love your slide show and your blog. I check it ever so often.
Love Aunt Lisa

Tiffani and Christopher Guymon said...

Hi Ben and Rachel! I found your site through Jeff J's. You have a beautiful family. Please keep in touch!

Gillian said...

Thanks for the shout out! We miss you guys too--you have no idea. It was hard to say goodbye.
I want copies of all these pictures--except for the one where I'm wearing the blue shirt--remind me never to wear that again.
I think you have more pictures of my kids than I do over the past few months. But I do have internet now so life is better. And I think it's almost time for a road trip.