Sunday, July 13, 2008

Aunt Mary

This past week my baby sister Mary came to visit Midland and meet Samuel for the first time. She was a huge help with the kids and even organized my pantry, but we did have some fun!

Me and Mary about 20 years ago


I took her to Susie's South Forty where we sampled some yummy chocolates and she found a section of Dr. Pepper flavored jerky, cake mix, syrup, etc. Mary bought some to take home to my mom who is the Dr. Pepper Queen.

Then she toured President George W.'s childhood home. That's right folks, the one and only right here in Midland. I know you all are jealous!

Then we went to the Petroleum Museum where we could have learned about the process of creating, trapping, and finding oil (exciting, I know!) but with two cranky kids we just took pictures out front instead. That night I took Mary to our Drive-In because she had NEVER been to a drive-in in her life, isn't that sad!

She played with the kids all week. We even made cookies and had a movie night with my niece's Lauren and Aubrey who were staying the weekend with us.

She says that overall Midland isn't as bad as my dad made it seem, and she would love to explore Texas more. We had a great week, I ended up seeing more of Midland than I ever have, and I did not want her to leave. We love you Aunt Mary!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, so the picture of you holding Mary when she was a baby...precious! Rach, how come you still look the same? You both are so adorable. I miss you! I can't wait to meet Samuel. He is such a cutie. Yes, Christmas for us is with my side of the family this year so Cali here we come. We will see you then and the cousins, the next generation, can finally meet. Love you!--Sarah Sue

Anonymous said...

I bet I would love Midland. :) And that picture of you 20 years ago holding Mary is the cutest thing I have ever seen.