Friday, June 20, 2008

Samuel's Baby Blessing!

On Friday the 13th of June, we blessed Samuel in Phoenix, AZ. We were already together with Ben's family, except for his parents who are on a mission in Alaska, for our Family Reunion and figured that would be the best opportunity. We also figured that Phoenix would be a lot easier to get to than Midland from Orange County, so I asked my family to fly in for the weekend. It worked out perfectly except for the fact that Mary could not make it because she was still in Hawaii, and David's wife Stacey had her brother's high school graduation. We missed them both very much but were very grateful that my parents, Debbie, and David made the special trip for us. This was the first time David & Debbie met Samuel. We went shopping Friday morning, then met everyone at In-N-Out for Lunch, then did some more shopping before we went back to Heidi's house for the blessing. After we took some pictures, we went out to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, on Stan. It was yummy! Then Katelyn, Samuel, and I spent the night with my parents and Debbie at the hotel. Overall it was a great day. Thank you to both of our wonderful families for celebrating with us and making it such a special day. We are very lucky!

He slept through the whole thing, just like his big sister!

My immediate family(minus Mary & Stacey)

Ben's immediate family(minus his parents & without the 5 of us)
Castletons are slacking!


Britt, Dave, Ben, Samuel, Mike, Glenn, David, Stan

Poppy & his Princess!

Uncle David. I love this picture!

Proud Parents

Deb made him smile all night long.



Aunt Debbie

Poppy

4 comments:

Jenn Fossum said...

I'm sorry that I missed it, it looks like a wonderful time. There is a dramatic difference in "Immediate Family" sizes. The Castletons need to get busy!! See you soon---Zach

Bryan and Reagan said...

How great that you could bless him with so many of you all together. I wish I could have been there. You guys look so happy. Miss you, Rae

Katie said...

Cute pictures! Samuel is adorable...

Joyce said...

Hi--This is Joyce wynne & I just found your blog tonight---Samuel is adorable & I like his birthday 'cause it happens to be mine too! Katlyn is really growing & so pretty--Congtulations Ben on graduating and Rachel I know you are enjoying your two special kids--I miss you all & really appreciate all ya'll did for me! loveya