We spent a very eventful 8 days at Lake Shasta last week. There was some lost luggage, some midnight boat rides to the marina, some bad weather(which we never get). Then 4 people from our group spent the 3rd day in the E.R. There was a broken arm, broken foot (my dads), a concussion, and other unfortunate events. Then the next night we had some sewage overload which damaged some bags, and probably scarred my niece for life:) To top it all off, I got an awful cold and Samuel was an absolute nightmare the whole trip. I think we might take a break from Shasta next summer.
(P.S. I didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't any fun. I'm still totally glad we went, a houseboat is just not ideal for toddlers and mom's with little patience:-)
(P.S. I didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't any fun. I'm still totally glad we went, a houseboat is just not ideal for toddlers and mom's with little patience:-)

6 comments:
Wow it sounds like that was one bad trip! Hope there were a lot of fun times to make up for the bad!
hello captain james...
ok, i just blew that picture up, he's really not that cute...
Your pics make it look like fun, but I think trips to any kind of medical facility, really kill the deal! You need a vacation after your vacation!
Oh, I think it all sounds wonderful, except the ER part and the sewage part and the screaming baby part. I guess what I am trying to say is I love being on lakes and would take the bad just to do the boating!
I love the pictures!
Yea, that doesn't sound like very much fun! Those are the kind of trips that make home seem even better. At least Samuel looks cute in his life jacket.
Post a Comment