Saturday, May 16, 2009

Who's Counting?

Thursday was Ben's 32nd Birthday. It's hard to believe he was only 22 when I first met him. He was just a baby then, and now we physically and numerically consider him to be an old man('cause let's face it, he still ACTS like a little kid:-) Last year I did the Snickerdoodle cake for him, so this year I figured I do a Cinnamon Roll cake. He loves his mom's cinnamon rolls, but I wasn't willing to take 3 days to bake them, so I got this quick recipe from a friend. It takes less than an hour, and they are DELICIOUS! Thanks Laura.


His birthday gifts were a home-cooked meal, a picture book of the kids and their daddy, breakfast the next morning at Cracker Barrel, and going to the movies. He's easy to please, but his real present is his boys weekend to Cedar Point Amusement park in 2 weeks.
Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

3 comments:

larshannon said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday. Those cinnamon rolls look really good. Glad the recipe worked for you.

Delcie said...

Wow! He's so old!! Aren't you afraid he might break a hip while he's on his trip?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ben! I've been wanting to chat with you Rach. Did you have a good time with your mom visiting? I'll have to get that cinnamon roll recipe from you because Mike is ALWAYS asking me to bake cinnamon rolls, and the Ashton recipe is quite the effort (saved for special occasions). Give me a call when you can chat sometime after the holiday. Have a great memorial weekend!