On April 3rd, Samuel turned one year old. My parents came into town to help us celebrate, but we ended up doing more shopping than celebrating. I had big plans for his cake but had no time to follow through, not like it would have made much difference. We were so excited to watch Samuel dive into his cake since Katelyn was seriously disappointing w/ hers. Even though Samuel did better than she did, it was still a tad anti-climactic.

.............Our cake to eat.................................Samuel's cake to destroy





The damage
New pajamas from Grandma & Grandpa
Big Sis helping Samuel open his presents
I hate to sound cliché, but Samuel has brought so much joy and excitement into our lives this past year. I remember being so scared to have some stranger disrupt our little family and come between Katelyn and I. And now most days I like Samuel more than Katelyn. Hee, hee! While it has been much more exhausting, it has also been so much fun this second time around. For some reason I've had way more patience with Samuel than I ever had with Katelyn, which is strange because Katelyn was a much easier baby. At least Samuel is FINALLY sleeping through the night (which started about a month ago) and he is off the boob. Yeah for me, but not for my boobs (or lack there of)! We feel extremely blessed and cannot ask for anything more:-)
Monday, April 6, 2009
Happy Birthday Bubba!
Posted by Rachel at 2:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment