Four years ago today, at 7:16 am in American Fork Hospital, we received our greatest Valentine ever. Katelyn was born at 36 weeks, but still weighed in at 8 lbs. 2 oz. Since she was early, her lungs weren't quite developed and she gave us quite a scare. But here she is 4 years later, healthy as can be and giving Ben and I a run for our money. Our baby girl is the glue that has held us together and helped us become the family we are today. She has proven to be an awesome big sister and a huge help around the house. She has always been extremely independent, but at the same time very lovable. We couldn't be more grateful.


Samuel and his buddy Charlie
Katelyn's birthday slipped by us last year, so this year she was spoiled with more of a birthweek. On Wednesday we went to Chuck E. Cheese's for her first official friends birthday party and it was so much fun. (Thanks to all who were there.) We were so excited when Ben's parents arrived at the party fresh off their mission from Alaska. That night we went to a delicious dinner at Outback.
Grammy & Poppy sent some festive chocolate covered strawberries
Yesterday we went and visited Baby Zach, went to breakfast at IHOP, did some much needed shopping with Grandma, and had another birthday celebration with the family at home. Grandma went above and beyond by baking three individual cakes each catering to Katelyn, Ben and I. (She totally spoils us!) We grilled some steaks, honored Katelyn's wishes by having a pinata, and opened some presents. Tonight she'll open some more presents and has a movie date with her daddy.



Samuel met his Grandma & Grandpa for the first time this week
I hate the fact that she was born on Valentine's Day. Not because I don't get to celebrate it anymore, but because her birthday will forever be over-looked and her husband will have it waaay too easy!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Happy Birthentines Day!
Posted by Rachel at 12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Happy Birthday Katelyn! I love the title combining the two holidays. Too funny! Sounds like she got very spoiled this time around.
What a week for Katelyn! Chocolate covered strawberries AND Outback? My mouth is watering just thinking about it... what a cute girl.
Happy b-day cute girlie. Caleb told me she is really cute in sharing time. She is a doll. Such a pretty girl.
I love my Katelyn! Sad we missed her day this year. We'll have to celebrate her next month. I'm glad you got a little spoiled by the in-laws---I'm enjoying her fresh homemade bread right now. :)
Post a Comment