Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Meet the Newest Member of Our Family

So I went back and forth and then back again trying to make a decision on getting a dog. At one point, I had decided absolutely not. But for some reason, my mind just kept going back to getting one, and not just any one. This one. We've had our eye on this particular puppy from the first moment we saw her when she was just a couple days old. So I decided to surprise Ben and Katelyn with her for Christmas, but I couldn't wait that long. We brought her home Saturday night and the family fell in love. She has been great with the kids, especially Samuel. Besides the occasional barking and nipping that puppies do, she is proving to be a very well behaved dog and we couldn't be happier about that. A HUGE thank you to Danielle and Nathaniel for keeping her for so long and taking such great care of her.

Copper brand new

Copper at about 2 weeks old

Just over a month old

Almost 2 months old

Copper today(about 3 months old)

Yes, we changed her name from Penny to Copper last night. For those of you who know us well, that should come as no surprise. Our only problem is finding someone to take care of her while we're in Cali for Christmas. All the pet places I've called are completely booked for the holiday so if anyone knows of someone or some place, please let me know. We're getting a bit desperate.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I am so glad she is doing so well. I love knowing she is going to be one loved dog.

Gillian said...

She is a sweet little puppy---and that says a lot coming from me. :)